WELCOME TO MY WORLD

Get to know me

Mommy + Architect + Writer + Entrepreneur + Baker + Artist = Sakker I never used to love makeup, but the kikay in me was awakened and I am now addicted to it. Join me in my journey in learning how to be beautiful in all aspects of kakikayan. All the kikay tips that I can think of, even if it is not totally perfect will be posted here. Comments, suggestions and requests are highly appreciated.

Skills

Right now, this is what I think I have. Please feel free to suggest if I have more to learn.

Eyeshadow Blending

70%

Lipstick Application

90%

Eyebrows

40%

BLOG

Please feel free to read through my blogs, all of these are all beauty tips that I really enjoyed doing for you.

- Saturday, February 14, 2015

10 Steps On How To Make Your Lipstick Last

Hi ladies! Are you all dressed and made up for a party? Everything seems perfect except the fact that you have to go to the  ladies' room just to retouch your fading lipstick. Sounds dragging right?

What if I told you that there are ways to make your lipstick last all day! Or all night maybe.:) 

I know. I do it all the time. And it always work. Here are the 10 extra steps that I add to my lipstick routine. C'mon, don't be lazy, I assure you that doing these extra 10 steps to make your lipstick last will be worth your time. Promise!

Step 1. Moisturize
For a start, I can't stress this enough. Moisturizing your lips and applying lip balm is very important. Apply it every after bath and as often as needed. Once in a while you can also exfoliate your lips, you can buy a lip exfoliating scrub so you can rejuvenate your lips.



Step 2. Tint
Lip stains or tint can be used as it is. Sometimes, when I don't want to put on any lipstick I stop with this step. Applying tint gives my lips the 'natural' look.



Step 3. Conceal
Yes, you read that right. I put concealer on my lips. It acts like a base wherein the lipstick can attach itself (for lack of a better word!) 



Step 4. Apply Lipstick
When you apply your lipstick, make sure you use a lip brush. Using a lip brush not only lets you precisely apply the color on your lip edges, but it also acts like a presser. While it distributes the color evenly, it also pushes the color into your lips and the concealer.


Step 5. Blot Lipstick
Aren't you wondering why a lot of ladies do this? Blotting your lipstick with a tissue allows you to wipe off all the products in your lips. You can have a clean and dry lip surface again, but the bonus is, it already has a hint of color from the previous steps.



Step 6. Reverse Liner
Instead of using a lip liner that is the same color of my lipstick, I use a skin-tone liner to line the outer ede of my lips instead. Doing this prevents any messy and dirty lipstick smears.



Step 7. Mineral Powder
Any transluscent powder can be used for this step, but I use mineral foundation powders. I found that this keeps my lips from going extremely dry, compared to using ordinary powder.



Step 8. Re-Apply Lipstick
I apply the final coat of my lipstick in this step. You will notice that this coat will be more vibrant and vivid compared to your first lipstick coat.



Step 9. Top Coat
In this step, I use the moisturizing top coat that usually comes with lipstick that claim to last for 24 hours. You know, the white stick that comes with it. The kinds of lipsticks that comes with this sticks are usually dsuper dry that's why they last and that's why they need a moisturizing top coat. But nonetheless, I still use the top coat even if I use other lipstick.



Step 10. Plumper
You can skip this step if you want, but I personally find it important. I use ELF plumping lip color. It comes in double wanded ends. One for the color and another white lipstick. But this time it is applied by a lipstick wand, it acts like a gloss and it has a minty sensation which I think is the reason why it plumps the lips.

Please note that these are my personal tips. But if you want to learn how to apply lipstick and other makeup application techniques, please attend Vicel Enriquez' Makeup 101 workshop happening on the 27th of September. It is so affordable, you only have to oay P1000 and you'll get to learn all the make up basics and how to apply make up on yourself professionally.

You can read all the details about te workshop here:

http://architectsakker.blogspot.com/2014/08/makeup-101-learn-how-to-apply-makeup-on.html

Or better yet, you can contact her here:

Facebook Profile
https://www.facebook.com/vicel.enriquez

Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/kissnmakeupbyvicel

Go on and book your slot, there are limited slots only.


As for this post, I hope you found these steps useful. It worked for me, I hope it does on you. Here are the products I used in case you want to know.


You can also buy these products here: :)

They ship in the Philippines, check it out. Sometimes they even offer free shipping.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT THEY SAY

  • " I really love how Nizza exerts effort in editing her photos, her blog is a joy to read and I can see how she enjoyed doing it as well as writing it.

    Angela BeaucoratEditor, Blogger
  • " Nizza finds beauty in every situation, she is all kinds of things at the same time. She is bubbly, perky, confident, enthusiatic and of course, beautiful.

    Christopher Sorante,Blogger, Graphic Designer

CONTACT ME

Template By Templatium | Distributed By My Blogger Themes